Monday, March 29, 2010

Journal

Today we started learning about the foot. Feet and hands have always been a challenge for me, but after learning about the bones and muscles and the inner workings, they are even harder to draw! We only did two fifteen minute drawings of the feet today and one challenge I've already discovered is finding the right length of the foot and also making the toes the right size. I feel like I don't really know where to start with the foot...for the torso, we had landmarks on the inside, like the ribs and the pelvis, but it's hard to pick out a form-defining shape inside the foot without drawing all of the bones. Nevertheless, I thought the pelvis was hard when we started that...it's just going to take more practice. Everything seems more overwhelming on the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment