Friday, February 19, 2010

Journal


Lately we've been doing long cross-contour drawings. This type of drawing is completely new to me. I can't decide if I actually like it yet...it is really teaching me to look hard at the model and see little bumps and dips that I probably wouldn't have noticed before, but it is very difficult! This one was done on the day when we learned about the ab muscles and the sternum. We had to draw the center line down the model's torso, then start our cross-contour lines from there. I think what I don't like so much about this technique is that it is not free. My hand moves very slowly and is very controlled, but I like to work dark and in a painterly way. This will just take more time and practice to get used to it, I'm sure. I just have to keep in mind that it is indeed helping me to learn the human form and how to really see.

No comments:

Post a Comment