Friday, February 5, 2010

Journal

Well, two full weeks of the new semester are behind me. Drawing class is going well. I'm really learning quickly drawing from the models in class and doing the gesture drawings, and I really enjoy looking closely at the spine. What I'm not so much a fan of are my shell drawings. I find it much easier to draw the figure than I do to draw this somewhat foreign object. I like to draw the abstract shapes and curves, but one particular shell gets, well, boring to draw after a while. There are only so many ways I can turn it and many times the drawings all tend to look the same. Drawing this same object all semester is going to get really dull, I predict. I might enjoy more drawing a set of differently shaped shells and create a whole shell collection. But I suppose this exercise will be good for me. It will help me truly look for the minute details in an object and will help me to also develop good self-discipline...hopefully.
I'm really looking forward to another week and to starting out skeleton muscle models!

No comments:

Post a Comment