Thursday, April 15, 2010

Journal


This was a one hour pose we did during class in which we were to take an extra close look at the shoulder girdle. It's difficult to see all the muscles here in the female model. I feel like they would be a little more apparent in a male. Anyways, I'm pretty proud of how this one turned out. I took on a challenging viewpoint. My arm and shoulders are a little messed up because the model did a slightly different pose half way through, but I didn't want to go back and change what I'd already done with the arm. What I think is most successful is the lower back and pelvic region. I spent a lot of time trying to get the cross contour lines to follow the hills and valleys of the model. I also really like that the cushions and pillows are implied with a lighter line and are there for simply to make the pose make sense, but the focus is all on the figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment