Sunday, May 9, 2010

Journal


This week we spent all of our class time learning the facial features. We started with the eye, which is my favorite. Eyes used to be very difficult for me to draw because I'd always try to get the perfect oval-ish shape that they were, when in actuality they are really round but with the lids coming over them in three sections on top and two on the bottom. This helped me a lot to get more realistic and 3-D looking eyes. This picture was from that day also, but after we learned how to draw the nose. It is interesting that the nose is broken into three sections as well, then the round part at the end. I need to work on not making my three sections too large. In this drawing I think the nose got a little too big to go with the eye, but overall, I think both of the features turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment